Saturday, October 26, 2013

Vintage Cakes. Texas Sheet Cake


Quite delicious and easy to make.
I encountered two difficulties.  One was that I had a 9 X 13 pan, but not a 10 X 15 pan.  My mom did, and I was all set to borrow it, but then left it at her house, and thus, ended up using the 9 X 13.  That didn't seem to make a ton of difference.

My second problem was that the directions didn't explicitly say to leave the cake in the pan and so I tried to remove it.  That was a bad idea and ended with me dropping the cake, causing part of it to shift, as you can see in the picture.  I wrote myself a note to leave the cake in the pan for next time.  You make the cake, make the frosting, pull the cake out of the oven, pour on the frosting and then let the whole thing cool.

Overall, very good cake and I'm excited to try the variation with cinnamon and coffee.

3 comments:

  1. What is the flavor of this cake? It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate! And you use regular baking cocoa in the cake because of the buttermilk, but Dutch-processed cocoa in the frosting because, well, she has a good reason. It's a great cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minus the chocolateyness of the cake, it looks great!! :)

    ReplyDelete